Sunday, May 19, 2013

NRL

Went to watch my first rugby match yesterday! It was definitely an eye-opener & so amazing!





No prizes for guessing which team I was supporting! I am totally buying the Broncos accessories & wear them to every other game!

For every time the home team (Broncos) scores, the fire works will shoot up haha it was soooo amazing and exciting & I was totally screaming & shouting, cheering on like how a true aussie would, haha but nah, I'm not!



After the games when everyone left heh.

The NRL experience was really thrilling. It was that hard trying to understand the rugby game. I would definitely go again & again and make this one of my favourite activity in Brisbane. I like how rugby is the national game in Australia and everyone, every family knows what rugby is. From kids as young as a year or two to grand parents, they would go together to the stadium and watch a rugby game live. I like the fact that they bond over sports. It is something that we do not see in Singapore. That's because we do not have a national sport that everyone knows & support. But for the Aussies, they would support their team, for yesterday it was Broncos & Titans, and there were supporters for both. The stadium was pretty full and everyone was wearing accessories of the team they support. It was really cool, and shouting for the team, cheering them on. It was my best game watched live. Haha I don't really have such opportunities in Singapore, but I hope, one day we will have a national game that every household would support.

It was such an awesome Friday despite having work to be done. On the other hand, I bumped into David in the City & he mentioned something about going to korea to watch baseball cause it is their national game. Aye, I really need to get myself exposed to more of such games, would definitely love to watch a Manchester United & Liverpool game live. Haha that will be so awesome. I secretly like cheering, painting my face like a true supporter. One of my bucket list is to go for World Cup live! Hopefully 2020 in Qatar, & hopefully I'm still alive then heh!

Side note, I'm barely half done with my report to be handed in on Monday! But I'm too tired, & gonna sleep now! Goodnight, whoever's still reading this space xx




No comments: