Friday, September 20, 2013

Internship

Spent a weekend away from home, did a 4D3N internship and the experience was really valuable. Headed out of Brisbane to Lockyer Valley and spent the nights at the Event Manager's shed and it was so cool because there were donkeys right outside the shed. They had 3 huge dogs, chickens, guinea pigs and a cat. I wish Singapore had land like this, even though I'm pretty much a city girl at heart, I definitely wouldn't mind living in rural areas. We had horses and dairy farms just beside the property, there were no street lights, no wifi and reception at the shed I was living. But all was cool, I could get used to that life instead of the busy hectic city life.


 There, trying to set up the registration counter.



Visited the little farm at Hidden Vale Adventure Park. There were alpacas, goat, pigs and chicks haha too cute.

 Even get to watch the sun rise from above before the major event.




I met a lot of different people during this event and am really thankful to be part of this experience. This is totally different from all the race events we did during EPM days as almost everything was run by 2 person, really admirable and inspirational. Because running a sport event isn't easy and they did it so well, and had everything under control, even with participants with issues etc.

I am so thankful to be part of it. It not only open my eyes in the sporting events in Australia, but also experience life in a countryside. To get from the venue to the property took about half an hour already, and it's all farms everywhere. I got to watch milky way and the other galaxies with my naked eyes just outside my shed because the property was dark enough and the area had no light pollution at all. All these things, I definitely can't experience in the city. Living in a shed was an experience too, with cobwebs all around, but I managed to brave through the spiders and webs. Definitely gave me an unforgettable experience in Aussie land :')

No comments: